esmaspäev, 16. mai 2011

Life flies away... At least I'm the pilot :) - Spain 2011

Being a pilot does not always mean that you can choose the ways you fly... But Ryanair chose the nice way over the Alps. 

The most interesting lake we saw from the plane (somewhere in the south-east of France)...


Girona flower festival 2011... Actually it was very beautiful everywhere. Houses and stairs and churches decorated with flowers...


Coffee + brandy = 2.10 €
That's something to learn, Estonian barkeepers!


Though water was +18- +20 degrees, the salty water of Mediterranean was too inviting for not trying it.


Conclusions:

1. RYANAIR rules. On the way to Spain I saw the friendliest crew ever. Quoting: "Please turn off all your electronical equipment for landing. That includes IBooks, IPhones, IPads, IPods and all other I-stuff." And if you add here cool Spanish accent and very fast speech, you may imagine all the plane laughing (except those who doesn't understand the English).

2. Girona rules. Cutest old town I've seen since (and I've seen some). And go in May to see the flowers...

3. Bellmirall rules. Though not the cheapest way to stay, it has the best atmosphere for feeling the town. And the church-bells all night long. And the sweetest breakfast in the middle of the flowers. You just have to try it. For more information look here - http://www.bellmirall.cat 

4. Goat-cheese rules. Though not my opinion (I am not an admirer of cheese), but I trust Moonmaid, when she's saying, that it's the best she tried.

5. Olives rule. Not the ones you buy here, but the real ones. I forgot to drink the good wine, when they brought the plate of olives - and I didn't like olives much before.

6. Spanish transport rules. At least buses that are comfortable and right-on-time.

7. Lloret de Mar rules. Resort 30 km south from Girona and 70 km north from Barcelona.

8. Marsol Hotel rules. Not only that it's situated in the middle of the beach, 70 m from the sea; not that from the 6th floor opens the best view - it's just everything together. And it's terrace-restaurant was the only one that stayed open and crowded till very late. Very good quality and good prices. And Michel, the waiter - older man with few hair - was nice. Tip him if you go.

9. Mediterranean rules. Just jump in and forget the Baltic Sea. After I tried it first time in Greece, I have no courage nor wish to swim in our sea. Sry!

9. ResortHoppa rules. If I had doubts before, then now they're gone. www.resorthoppa.com was the site, I found the transfer from hotel to airport. 3.50 AM was the bus where it needed to be and the service by phone was excellent. And the prices - when daytime from airport to resort with public bus went 16 €, then at night with ResortHoppa to go back was 18 €...

OK - there were few thing I didn't like.

1. Spanish meat-cooking sucked for my taste. I prefer Bulgarian kitchen more. In Spain I'll stay with salads next time.

2. Indian street-sellers suck. Though their hubulububulu-English may sound funny at first, you get tired of arguing with them. But you can trade - that's on the good side.

OVERALL:

These were very good days in a good company - thank you, Moonmaid - and my opinion about Spain rose few points.

Kommentaare ei ole: